Both my parents are teachers and they would always come home with a huge haul of presents on the last day of summer term and the last day before the Christmas break.
As I was witness to the presents they received, I can safely say there is very little originality that goes into picking out gifts for teachers. 80% was probably chocolate (great for us kids who got to share it but as an adult, I can see why receiving 20 boxes of chocolate on one day may not be the best idea). The other 20% were mostly unwanted presents that ended up being “re-gifted” by my frugal mother.
Anyway it’s safe to say that none of those presents in all those years I remember were particularly memorable, unusual or thoughtful.
Why not bring a smile to your favourite teacher’s face this year by getting them a present they’ll really appreciate?
Personalised Teacher Tote Bag
Teachers need to carry a lot of paperwork to and from school and home and a tote bag is ideal for transporting it. These personalised tote bags make great teacher gifts and there are several different colours and designs to choose from.
Ok mugs are a little bit of a cliché when it comes to teacher gifts but they won’t be able to hide their smile at this amusing mug. Printed on both sides and available in a selection of different colours.
Teachers love tea almost as much as wine, so this gift pack of tea bags in individual packets decorated with beautiful illustrations and teacher quotes is sure to be appreciated. Available from Not On The High Street.
I have it on good authority that one of the most appreciated presents for teachers is wine! A gift that’s possibly even better than a nice bottle of wine is these hilarious teacher’s wine glasses that mark the appropriate level of wine for the new term, half term or end of term. These wine glasses can be shipped with a gift box and are available from Not on The High Street.
If you decide to get a bottle of wine for your favourite teacher, make them laugh with this hilarious personalised wine bottle label.
Most teachers expect that their students will give them the “gift” of a cold at the start of the school term so why not give them the gift of a more cuddly kind of cold germ at the end of term? These giant microbes are also available in many different versions including brain cells and various diseases which are great for biology teachers!
There’s nothing teachers need more at the end of term than a bit of pampering (apart from wine) and if you have a very special teacher you’d like to thank, this personalised gift bag containing luxury bath melts, soap, a candle and tea makes the perfect gift. Available from Not On The High Street.
Important Teacher Notes Book
Notebooks are always useful for teachers but they can be a little boring! Not this one – the amusing inscription on the front reads “Important Teacher Notes* (*custart creams vs chocolate digestives etc.) and on the back, “to do: 1. Teach 2. Drink serious amounts of tea”. This is a funny and practical gift that any teacher would love.
I received seeds as a wedding favour once and I thought it was such a lovely, unusual and thoughtful gift. These sweet pea seeds will produce beautiful flowers in the spring with a personalised label with the message “thank you for helping me grow”. Available from Not On The High Street.
Stamps are always useful for teachers and this one can be personalised with your teacher’s name and can be used with a metallic gold ink pad to add a bit of bling to their marking. Available from Not On The High Street.
This oversized pencil sharpener makes an amusing and attractive addition to any teacher’s desk and is great for storing pens, pencils and other necessary items. Available from Not on The High Street.